How to Know your Outstanding SSS Loan Balance Online
Do you have an existing SSS loan? Do you know how much your outstanding balance is? If you have no idea, don’t worry, I’ll teach you how you can check your current balance online.
You can personally go to the nearest SSS branch to inquire your loan balance, but wouldn’t it be better if there’s a way to do it without leaving your home? Actually, you can even check it anywhere using your smartphone device with an internet connection.
How do we do this?
First of all, you must be registered to My.SSS. This is the online platform of the Philippine Social Security System, wherein registered members can access their SSS account on the internet. You can view your SSS contributions online, you can check your loan balance if you have any, and you can even file an SSS Loan or Maternity Notification online.
If you have not registered your SSS account to My.SSS yet, follow the steps below. (Skip this if you have already registered.)
How to Register in My.SSS
1. Go to the My.SSS Registration page and choose one of the following:
- Member Registration
- Employer Registration
- Household Registration
2. Assuming you chose Member Registration above, the next step is to select one information as reported to SSS to register:
- UMID Card
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- Payment Reference Number / SBR No. / Payment Receipt Transaction Number
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Saving Account Number Registered in SSS
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
3. Fill out the SSS Online Member User ID Registration form with all the required information. Review your details before you submit the form. Then follow the next steps that will be shown on the screen or that will be sent to your email.
Once you’re successfully registered, you can now login to My.SSS online using your new Username and Password. Keep your login credentials in your notebook so that it’s easy for you to find it in case you forget the details.
Click here to read: 7 Steps for SSS Online Registration (Updated 2020)
How to Check your SSS Loan Balance Online
Now that you already have an online account with SSS, you can now view your SSS Loan Balance online. Follow these steps to know how…
1. Login to your My.SSS account at sss.gov.ph. Make sure to enter your correct username and password.
2. In the main menu, point your mouse cursor to E-Services, then click Inquiry under E-Services.
3. In the next menu, point your mouse cursor to Loans, then click Loan Status/Loan Info.
4. Check the List of Availed Loan. If you have more than one loan, click the one that you want to view under Loan Type. For example, Salary Loan.
5. Click Statement of Account & Loan Payments to view the details of your loan. See sample screenshot below.
How to Pay your SSS Loan
1. If you’re employed, your employer automatically deducts your monthly loan amortization from your salary.
2. If you’re an unemployed, self-employed, or voluntary member, you can pay your loan amortization in many ways including:
- Paying through the Cashier at the SSS Office
- Paying through SM Business Centers
- Paying through Bayad Centers and Remittance Centers
- Paying through accredited banks (over-the-counter or Auto-Debit Arrangement)
3. If you’re an OFW member, you may pay through any accredited payment partner of SSS.
How to Apply for SSS Loan Online
1. To apply for Salary Loan Online, login with your username and password.
2. Once logged in, point E-Services, then click Apply for Salary Loan.
3. Fill out the Loan Application Form below and follow the next steps on the screen or check your email for the next steps.
How to View your SSS Contributions Online
Your SSS contributions really matter especially when you need to claim any of your SSS benefits including:
- SSS Maternity Benefit (for female members)
- SSS Disability Benefit
- SSS Sickness Benefit
- SSS Retirement Benefit
That’s why it’s important that you pay your SSS contributions continuously to be able to avail of these benefits and to get the highest possible amount when the need arises.
And if you want to check your contributions online, just follow these steps:
1. Login to your My.SSS account at sss.gov.ph with your username and password. (Note: The SSS website is easily accessible using Internet Explorer).
2. When you’re logged in, point your mouse cursor to E-Services, then click Inquiry.
3. Point your mouse cursor to Member Info, then click Actual Premiums to view your SSS contributions.
The SSS encourages all its members to register online through My.SSS because of its features and advantages. If for some reason, you’re unable to register online or there are errors on your personal information, you may visit the nearest SSS branch for verification.
You may also contact SSS through their customer service at 920-6446 to 55, email them at email@example.com or send them a private message through their Facebook Page.