Janice Sabitsana is a Registered Financial Planner at RFP Philippines, a Columnist for The Manila Times, and a Contributing Writer for MoneySense PH magazine. Additionally, she works as a Personal Finance Writer, Resource Speaker, and Content Creator. She is the Founder of The Pinay Investor Blog and YouTube Channel.
Hi there! I’m Janice.
As a wife and mom of two, I’m all about budgeting. But here’s the thing – I didn’t always have a clue about handling money.
Growing up, I witnessed my parents constantly arguing about it and struggling with finances. That’s why I took a leap of faith and left my small town to study in Manila.
With a mix of scholarships, part-time gigs, and some support from my parents, I learned the art of budgeting to make ends meet and survive until graduation.
I started as a technical support representative in a call center as my first job. Although it was not my dream job, I took it along with part-time teaching to help support my 3 siblings who were in college. During this time, I picked up skills on how to manage my finances and made sure to provide for them until they finished college.
Getting married brought on a whole new challenge for me – budgeting with my husband. We had different views on how to handle money, leading to arguments and misunderstandings.
But we didn’t give up. We tried various budgeting methods, compromised, and truly understood each other. Now, I’m proud to say that my husband trusts me completely with our household budgets.
How did I do it? Well, I couldn’t have done it without my budgeting templates and system. These babies have been a game changer for us! They’ve given us control over our finances, kept us on track with our goals, and made it super easy for us to stay organized.
Currently, I am sharing my knowledge on budgeting and financial management to help others. I incorporate biblical principles in my teachings, as I strongly believe that our money does not truly belong to us. Instead, we are mere stewards of God’s possessions.
If you need help with budgeting or managing your money, feel free to explore my blog and YouTube channel, where you can find valuable free content.
To take your budgeting to the next level, consider trying out my budgeting templates and additional resources on my TPI Shop.
And if you’re interested in receiving tips on budgeting, money management, and occasional life updates, be sure to sign up for my newsletter.
Feel free to reach out via email if you have any questions. I’m always happy to meet you halfway and make sure your money is heading in the right direction. Thanks for visiting The Pinay Investor!
- MoneyMax: Meet Your Money Gurus: 22 Financial Influencers to Follow in 2023
- Dubai OFW: 10 Filipino Finance YouTube Channels to Follow
- BDO Private Bank Magazine: Living with Inflation
- The Beat Asia: Five Filipino Personal Finance Influencers to Follow in 2022
- Female Network: Pinay Shares How She Effectively Cut Back on Her Monthly Expenses
- Department of Agriculture: How to reduce the impact of food inflation on your budget
- The Thrifty Pinay: Best Female Financial Bloggers and Influencers Philippines
- PhilStar: Teaching kids how money works
- FQ Mom Rose Fausto: Teaching Kids How Money Works
- TripZilla: 6 Personal Finance YouTube Channels Run by Pinays
- PesoLab: Best Personal Finance Website Blogs in the Philippines
- FeedSpot: 35 Best Philippines Personal Finance Blogs & Websites
I am sincerely thankful for the amazing opportunities to speak and impart my knowledge and experiences through different speaking engagements. Here are some of the talks that I’ve had the privilege of delivering:
- UP Diliman College of Civil Engineering: Where My Extra Cash Could Go
- St. Luke’s Medical Center: How to Keep Your Household Finances in Order
- Miriam College Grade 12-McClintock: Budgeting for Low-Income Families
- Connected Women Davao: Effective Strategies for Managing Family Finances
- UST College of Industrial Engineering: Investing Tips for College Students
- The Parenting Emporium: Preparing for the Financial Impact of Having a Baby
Sponsorships & Speaking Opportunities
For speaking and sponsorship inquiries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout the years, I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with many inspiring people in the personal finance industry.
Pinay Investor with Robert Kiyosaki (on stage), National Achievers Congress Philippines 2015
Pinay Investor with Chris Gardner (on stage), National Achievers Congress Philippines 2016
Pinay Investor with Mary Buffet (on stage), National Achievers Congress Philippines 2017
Pinay Investor with Tim Huynh, Millionaire Mindset Intensive Philippines 2016
Pinay Investor with Randell Tiongson and Marvin Germo, Financial Fitness Forum 2015
Pinay Investor with Francis Kong, Investment Conference ICON 2015
The Pinay Investor with Chinkee Tan, Investment Conference ICON 2015
Pinay Investor with Edric Mendoza, Former Host of ANC On The Money
Pinay Investor with Salve Duplito, Host of ANC On The Money
Pinay Investor with Efren Llamas Cruz, Investment Conference ICON 2015
Pinay Investor with Jess Uy, Investment Conference ICON 2015
Pinay Investor with Randell Tiongson, Investment Conference ICON 2015
Pinay Investor with Fitz Villafuerte and Ginger Arboleda, Financial Fitness Forum 2015
Pinay Investor with Rose Fausto, COL Financial Positioning 2015
Pinay Investor with Marnie Prudencio, Author of How to Raise Money-Smart Kid
Pinay Investor with RJ Ledesma
Pinay Investor with Jayson Lo, Author of YOUnique Books
Pinay Investor with Joel Litman, Valens Securities
Pinay Investor with Derek Gehl, Digital Income Jumpstart 2017
Pinay Investor with Janette Toral, Digital Filipino E-Commerce Founder
Pinay Investor with Fitz Villafuerte, Ready To Be Rich Blog Founder
Pinay Investor with Marvin Germo, Stock Smarts Founder
1 Peter 4:10Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. To God be the glory!